If you’re interested in checking us out, please visit one of our practices, see what we do and meet Coach Jones. Our FAQ page has practice times and location. Your athlete is welcomed to try a practice out during your visit. For planning purposes, our year and fees are broken into two components: the season and the off-season clinic.
The Season (Jan-Jul)
Our season is from the first Monday in January through late July. This is the period of time when we train for and compete in meets. The meets are generally held in greater Phoenix area, unless your athlete qualifies for and you choose to have them participate in the USATF Junior Olympic Championship (which consists of a regional qualifier and national final), or you choose to have your athlete participate in the USATF Youth Outdoor National Championships.
The fees include a uniform for your athlete (team running shorts, top & bag), Arizona meet entry fees, training equipment for all events, administrative fees such as facilities rental, office supplies, the Bobcat hotline, some of the coaches’ travel expenses, and your athlete’s annual USATF registration fee.
The Bobcats have expanded to Prescott Valley, AZ. We will offer training beginning November 1, 2016. Athletes from Prescott Valley will also have the opportunity to compete in all of our track & field competitions. We currently have two coaches on Staff – Jason Shaver & Jon Crawford. Coach Jones travels once a week to the north valley.
The Off-Season Clinic (Sep-Dec)
Erwin Jones Track Clinic will offer two sessions with 15 athletes per session.
Session 1: Monday- Wednesday-Sunday (First day September 14th)
Session 2:Tuesday-Thursday-Sunday (First day September 15th)
TIMES: Monday-Thursday: 5-6:30pm, Sunday 3-5pm
Please note that both sessions will have the opportunity to train with Coach Jones on Sundays.
• The price will be per athlete, per session. Unfortunately, Paradise Valley Community College has significantly raised their rental fees and in turn the cost of each session had to increase.
• In an effort to continue to provide quality coaching and training, only the first 20 athletes to sign up per session will be guaranteed spots.
• Registration fee per session increases after September 14th.
• Yes, your athlete can register for both sessions (9/15-12/5-Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday) for a discounted fee!!!
• Due to the increase in facility rental, and the Pre-Season training is different than Phoenix Bobcat Coach Track and Field team membership, Coach Jones is unable to offer sibling discounts for the clinic.
• Yes, Coach Jones will be able to provide private coaching sessions on Fridays and earlier in the day on Sundays, prior to schedule training or workouts for an additional fee.
• If you have not had a chance to take a look at www.outofblock.co please take a minute and peek at Coach Jones’ website!! Coach Jones is incredibly excited to be able to provide this recruiting service!
If you would like your athlete to receive more intensive, one-on-one instruction and coaching, that can be arranged during the hours before or after practice, or on Saturdays.